Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Back for second helpings....

Well that was one hot weekend.....great idea of ours to have the Headless Teddy 'uniforms' all in black.....hmmm maybe we should have a white version for summer and black for winter.....mind you I don't think we can afford to get the cart painted twice a year for what eventually ends up being two days of the good old British summer....

So while wearing a lovely black t-shirt, jeans, boots, and apron (I have finally stopped calling it a pinny!!) we set up for the 5th Barford Festival last Saturday. I guess the day can be described as a mixed bag...after managing to destroy the brolly we decided to sun bathe for the rest of the day and listen to the music... not much coffee sold that day! Mind you if I had the choice of coffee or beer at a music festival I know what I would choose!

On the Sunday it was the Norwich Lanes Carnival...another glorious day spent outside all in black...although luckily the buildings down the lanes provided shelter to keep the sun off us. Being what can only be described as fashionably pale, keeping the sun of me is always a good thing....unless I want to turn into a lobster!!??


Well after seeing Bentwater Roads by Eastern Angles the other week, I decided it was worth another visit...watching a show on an opening night and comparing it to one after it has settled in is always interesting. Not only that it's a good excuse to have another look at the amazing Hush House on the air base. Having second helpings of this play actually made me realise how much you actually miss the first time you watch a play, everything from subtle elements of the plot lines to sound effects. The actors themselves always take the characters on a journey as the run goes on with the characters growing with every performance.  It's great to see what was a god play to start with really tighten up to make it a must see! I would recommend anyone to see the show before it closes this Sunday.


I know I normally end up writing the blog at the weekend, however, tomorrow I am heading off for my holiday for this year... Latitude!!! Tom Jones here I come! So for the next four days I am going to be camping it up in deep dark Suffolk...I will hopefully be able to send some photos through Twitter as the weekend goes on so if you want to follow me I'm @davidbloodactor.  Both myself and my friend Lottie will be popping our festival cherries this weekend so we are both very excited....and skint!! If you are heading over there this weekend give me a shout...it would be rude not to meet for a beer!

Tom Jones at the House Of Blues, Anaheim, Cali...Image via Wikipedia

Don't forget to use the links at the bottom to forward this on to anyone who is bored enough to be interested...

See you around.

David Blood


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Popping your cherry, camping it up and throwing your two toned Y-fronts at Tom - what a festival strumpet you are going to be!! he he x

    ReplyDelete